DME Organic Virgin Coconut Oil is a nutritious alternative for cooking and baking. When choosing a coconut oil, keep in mind that you want it to be fresh, pure, sustainable, and fair trade. Award winning Fair Dinkum Fair Trade DME Coconut Oil is hand-pressed from wildcrafted coconuts at the growing site in the Solomon Islands by island natives on their own family farms – within 90 minutes of husking the nut. It is the freshest coconut oil you can buy. Truly natural, raw, organic, and pure coconut oil. When you choose Alpha DME Coconut Oil you are getting the freshest, fairest, and most future friendly coconut oil for you and your family.
Raw Peppermint Brownies – Recipe
Ready in a pinch, these raw brownies taste like a guilty pleasure while being perfectly healthy. Make a double batch and freeze until ready to eat.
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 7-10 pitted dates
- 1 Tbsp. DME Coconut Oil
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. peppermint flavouring
- Shredded coconut for rolling
Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until well combined. Take tablespoon size scoops and roll in palms of hands until you form a bite-sized ball. Roll in shredded coconut. Store in an air tight container and refrigerate.
DME is also GREAT for Oral Health and with this next idea it is good for your heart as well! Here’s How!
Not only is DME Coconut Oil a nutritious oil for cooking and a heart-healthy saturated fat, it can help prevent heart disease in a surprising way: oil pulling. While still in the early stages, cardiologists are linking the bacteria found in our mouths to heart attacks and strokes.
Coconut oil has proven anti-bacterial effects, so adding oil pulling to your dental hygiene routine can be a simple step to support heart health, clean and brighten teeth, strengthen gums, loosen
plaque and trapped food particles, and freshen breath without the dangerous chemicals found in commercial mouthwashes.
- Put 1-2 tsp DME Coconut oil in your mouth. Do not swallow! Instead, warm up the coconut oil by swishing it around your mouth, and then start swishing and pulling the oil through your teeth. If you need to spit, do so. You can build up to twenty minutes in time, but at first, just get comfortable with the process.
- Spit out coconut oil into some paper towels, and then discard. Do not swallow the oil. Do not spit the oil into your sink or shower drain as our plumbing is meant for water, not oil.
- Rinse your mouth out with warm water.
Originally posted at: http://www.pno.ca/?p=1530&option=com_wordpress&Itemid=201 and used with permission.