Ecoideas Soapnuts 250g
Himalayan Soapnuts™ are the fruit of the Ritha tree, also known as the Soapnut tree, or Soapberry tree. Soapnuts get their name due to their ability to produce rich, cleansing suds. The hard, stone-like pit of the fruit is removed, and the fleshy part is dried in the sun.
For centuries, soapnuts have been used by people around the world to wash laundry and the finest textiles (wool, silk, cashmere…). Soapnuts can also be used to make cleaning solutions for washing dishes, floors, and hair!
- Certified Organic
- Completely safe to wash suds down the drain
- 100% biodegradable
- NO additives or preservatives: Phosphate & Petrochemical Free
- Dermatologist approved
- Septic and Grey water safe
- Cotton bags included are also certified organic
- Keeps laundry soft and preserves colours
- No artificial fragrances
- Not tested on animals
- Can be used to wash silks and wools
- When the nuts are left to dry after use, they can be used again!
Place 6-8 soapnut-halves in the small cotton pouch included in the package of Himalayan Soapnuts™. Make sure to tie the drawstrings shut. Place the pouch of soapnuts in the washing machine with your laundry. For a scented wash, sprinkle a few drops of your favourite essential oil directly on the cotton pouch before tossing it in the washing machine. For heavily soiled or stained laundry, use the soapnuts in combination with non-toxic, bleach-free stain-removing salt (sodium percarbonate).