SISU Folic Acid 1mg 90caps
SISU Folic Acid
Folic acid (vitamin B9) is an essential nutrient that helps the body take new cells and helps protect DNA from damage. Folic acid helps to decrease and normalize the homocysteine levels in our body. Increased homocysteine levels are associated with the build-up of plaques in the artery walls (atherosclerosis), which can lead to heart disease or stroke. Folic acid deficiency is linked to complications in pregnancies, neurological disorders, and osteoporosis. Folic acid is found in green leafy vegetables, beans, asparagus, nuts, and enriched grains and cereals, but can be diminished during storage, preparation, and cooking. Supplementation is recommended particularly for people who suffer from degenerative diseases, bowel or kidney diseases, and for women of child-bearing years.
- 1 mg (1,000 mcg) of pure folic acid, the maximum permitted in a supplement
- Folic acid in combination with vitamins B6 and B12, comprise the “powerhouse trio” of B-complex vitamins for reducing homocysteine levels
- Folic acid is vital to a healthy pregnancy and reduces the risk of Spina bifida and cleft palate
- Folic acid in combination with zinc may help improve male fertility
- Easy-to-swallow, fast-absorbing capsules
- Convenient dose of 1 capsule per day
- Contains no ingredients that are a source of gluten
- Good Manufacturing Practices standards
- Tested for guaranteed purity and potency
- NPN approved
Each gelatin capsule contains:
Medicinal ingredient:Folate (Folic acid)...1 mg
Non-medicinal ingredients: microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate (vegetable), gelatin.
Contains no dairy, yeast, wheat, gluten, corn, soy, artificial colours or preservatives.
Adult dosage: Take 1 capsule daily or as directed by a health care practitioner.